Thursday, May 03, 2007

How to Make Artichokes - And Eat Them, Too!

One of the local stores in my area had a special on artichokes. Now, we live in a small town, so word spread fast. I got to the store, five artichokes for $5.00. Well, I'm from California (where nearly all U.S. artichokes come from), and it just didn't seem like a bargain to me. But I bought five of them anyway, they did look delicious. I eat mine with an unhealthy dose of mayonnaise, which some Californian's consider to be the "right" way. You can also use lemon juice, eat them plain, or another unhealthy choice - butter. They can be stuffed with just about anything, such as other vegetables, meats, or fish - and then baked. The can also be boiled, grilled, or steamed using a pressure cooker.

They are cooking as I write this, and I just realized that there were people out there who may wish to buy some, but aren't sure how to cook - or eat - an artichoke. They are fun to eat, taste delicious, and one or two is great as a meal in itself. But for those who want some simple instructions, here's a few links to get your artichokes cookin' - so have at it, and enjoy!



Technorati tags:
, , , ,

0 comments: